About MetaCentrum VO
Catch-all MetaCentrum Virtual Organization operates and manages distributed computing infrastructure consisting of computing and storage resources owned by CESNET as well as those of co-operative academic centers within the Czech Republic.
Rules of MetaCentrum VO using
- Operation including the development of computational resources, data storage and application programs.
- Research and development in selected areas, particularly the virtualization of resources, monitoring of the Grid - traffic, security, performance and other characteristics monitoring; development of middleware.
- User support
MetaCentrum resources are hosted at the following sites:
MetaCentrum membership is free for researchers and students of academic institutions in the Czech Republic, the members of the CESNET association.
- Users annually report us the results of their research carried out using computational resources of MetaCentrum.
- Users are obliged to include the official appreciation formula to theirs publications.
- Owners of the computational resources have priority or exclusive access to theirs facilities. At the same time they are getting significant higher computing power for research.
- Common authentication trust domain, this means one login and one password access to all resources involved in MetaCentrum.
Most researchers using MetaCentrum resources are coming from the following areas:
- Computational chemistry
- Material and structural simulation
- Simulation of flow of gases and liquids
- Recognition and speech generation
- Physical Geodesy
- Ecological modeling
- Video processing
- Data Mining
- Analysis of medical images
Last changed:Mon Feb 17 13:48:42 CET 2020