PBS servers upgrade
Let us inform you about the following operational news of the MetaCentrum & CERIT-SC infrastructures:
In MetaCentrum/ CERIT-SC, all PBS servers will be upgraded to a new, incompatible version (another Kerberos implementation). Therefore, we are preparing new PBS servers and existing PBS servers will be shut down after the jobs have finished:
- cerit-pbs.cerit-sc.cz will replace the PBS server wagap-pro.cerit-sc.cz
- meta-pbs.metacentrum.cz will replace the PBS server arien-pro.ics.muni.cz
- elixir-pbs.elixir-czech.cz rwill replace the PBS server pbs.elixir-czech.cz
Schedule and impact on jobs and users
- CERIT-SC will switch from PBS server wagap-pro.cerit-sc.cz to the new environment @cerit-pbs on November 18, 2019
- The frontend of zuphux.cerit-sc cz remains set to @wagap-pro environment by 18 November by default. On November 18, the new PBS environment @cerit-pbs will be switched and most of the computing machines will be moved to the new environment immediatelly.
- Tasks running under the old PBS environment @wagap-pro will run in this environment. The current status of the tasks will be displayed only in PBSmon https://metavo.metacentrum.cz/pbsmon2/jobs/detail. The qstat command on the frontend will not be available for them.
- Jobs waiting in the old @wagap-pro environment will be automatically moved to the new @cerit-pbs PBS server, whenever possible.
- Nothing changes in the syntax of the qsub command.
- At the same time, some Debian9 clusters will be upgraded to the Debian10 OS. List of nodes with OS Debian9/Debian10/Centos7 are available in the PBSMon application:
- Please note that user login is not allowed on PBS servers.
- Moving of other PBS servers (meta-pbs, elixir-pbs) will take place with a delay. We will inform you about the move in a separate news.
Ivana Křenková, 13. 11. 2019
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.