PBS servers upgrade - part II
After the successful upgrade of the PBS server in CERIT-SC, the other two PBS servers (arien-pro.ics.muni.cz and pbs.elixir-czech.cz) will be upgraded to a new version (with the newer incompatible Kerberos implementation), the transition starts on January 8, 2020. Therefore, we are preparing new PBS servers and existing PBS servers will be shut down after the jobs have finished:
- meta-pbs.metacentrum.cz will replace the PBS server arien-pro.ics.muni.cz
- elixir-pbs.elixir-czech.cz rwill replace the PBS server pbs.elixir-czech.cz
Schedule and impact on jobs and users
- The skirit, alfrid, tarkil, nympha, charon, minos, perian, onyx, tilia, elmo frontends remain on the @arien-pro environment (pbs.elixir) until January 8. After that date, all these frontends will be switched to the new PBS environments @meta-pbs and @elixir-pbs, and at the same time, the computing nodes will be gradually moved to the new environment.
- Jobs running under the old PBS servers will run in this environment. Listing the current status of jobs running under the old environment will be possible in PBSmon https://metavo.metacentrum.cz/pbsmon2/jobs/detail. The qstat command on the frontends will not be available for them.
- We will try to move the jobs waiting on the old PBS servers to the new @cerit-pbs or @elixir-pbs PBS environments automatically, whenever possible.
- Nothing changes in the syntax of the qsub command.
- Please note that user login is not allowed on PBS servers.
- After upgrading all PBS servers, the ability to send jobs from any fronend to any new PBS environment (meta-pbs, cerit-pbs, elixir-pbs) will be restored.
Ivana Křenková, 7. 1. 2020
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.