Unexpected outage of /storage/brno2/
On Monday, October 21 at 10:00 am, due to an unplanned shutdown one of the server room in Brno located at FI MU, the clusters and disk array located in this hall will be temporarly shut down.
• storage-brno2.metacentrum.cz /storage/brno2/ disk array will be temporarily unavailable, data will be moved to another array. Data will be available again from 18PM on /storage/brno6/ disk array, with original symlink /storage/brno2/. We plan to keep the frontends accessible at all times
at least one of the copies, but in the meantime the latest data will not be in the new location yet, please do not use the /storage/brno2/ until the event ends.
Influence on the running jobs:
- The jobs that work with the data saved on (or will save data to) another disk array will not be influenced.
- The jobs that perform their computations within the scratch space, which check the success of copying-out the resulting data (e.g., using the script skeleton available at https://wiki.metacentrum.cz/wiki/Working_with_data/Working_with_data_in_a_job), and which will try to save the resulting data into /storage/brno7-cerit/ during the outage, will not be influenced as well -- you'll find the resulting data in the scratch of the relevant nodes.
- Data of the jobs that work directly with the data saved in /storage/brno2/ (not recommended) will be terminated.
- Running frontend sessions that access /storage/brno2/ will be terminated just like jobs running inside /storage/brno2/.
- Next, there will be about 15 minutes of network outage due to moving the router to another location.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Ivana Křenková, 18. 10. 2019